First of all, can I just tell you how much I love my girls. Jordan and Jaycee are the best things that have ever happened to Greg & I. They are such good girls, who are happy, kind, fun and teach me more than they will ever know.
I was on my way to work and thinking about them the other morning. I decided to put a list together for them with some advice on life…I’m sure they will do the eye roll and say “I know Mom,” but I want them to grow up happy and not make some of the mistakes I have along the way. I love you Jordan and Jaycee!
To my girls, love your Mom..
* I love you with all my heart and will always love you no matter what.
* Always remember Heavenly Father loves you and is ALWAYS there for you.
* Have a good attitude; think positive when things go wrong, it will make things a lot easier to deal with if you do.
* Keep friends who bring out the best in you. Don’t hang with people who try to get you to lower your standards or values.
* Be kind to all you come in contact with. Smile, look people in the eyes and say hello.
* Be respectful, even if you don’t agree with what someone says.
* Stand up for what you believe in, don’t be afraid to hold your ground.
* Laugh at yourself, don’t take things so serious that you can’t enjoy life.
* Serve others even when you don’t feel like it. You will be happier in life if you do.
* Be yourself, don’t try to change for someone else. You are wonderful the way you are!
* Don’t be afraid to try something new, if your not good it’s ok, but at least try.
* Learn and share your talents with others.
* Listen to good music.
* Dance whenever possible.
* When you date…(when your 50)…date someone who is kind to his mother. He will treat you the way he treats his Mom generally.
* Make a list of what you want in a spouse, then STICK to that list! NEVER settle for less than what you deserve. You deserve the best!
* Be the type of person you want to marry. You can’t find him if you aren’t the same type of person.
* Stay close as sisters. Do things together to build each other up and be there for each other.
* When change happens moving, school, friends…make the best of what ever situation you are in. Look for the good and don’t dwell on the bad.
* Know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your Dad & I love you more than anything on this Earth! You two are amazing girls and we are so blessed to have you.
* Be happy!! Life is too short to not be.
Shalee is a lifelong member of the Church, happily married and mother of two awesome girls. Read more from Shalee at her personal blog,leave a note and follow her blog. She likes more blog friends. The Florida Morrills.